“Microbiology is a life oriented subject it deals with the study of Microscopic organisms which is present everywhere.Microbiologists are people who specialize in the field of Microbiology. They are scientists who study organisms and infectious agents that cannot be seen with the naked eye. They study the interactions of microorganisms with humans and other organisms that exist and affect our lives.”
Scope Of Microbiology
- There is vast scope in the field of microbiology due to the advancement in the field of science and technology. The scope in this field is immense due to the involvement of microbiology in many fields like medicine, pharmacy, diary, industry, clinical research, water industry, agriculture, chemical technology and nanotechnology.
- The study of microbiology contributes greatly to the understanding of life through enhancements and intervention of microorganisms. There is an increase in demand for microbiologists in India and globally. A Microbiologist can innovate new diagnostic kits, discover new drugs, teach, research, etc.
They provide bright career in the fields of computer and I.T for B.Sc(C.S) graduates
- Microbiologists can work in the area of food, pharmacy, agrochemistry biotechnology, biorefinery, environment, pollution control and bioremediation.
- In the field of agriculture, microbiologists act as environmental and health specialists to study the role of microbes in plant disease, pest control, nutrition and soil fertility.
- Microbiology gives you the opportunity to work at science laboratories and pathology labs.
- In the field of medicine and health care, the work is usually associated with diagnosis, prevention and treatment of illnesses associated with microbes.
- Universities and colleges employ microbiologists as researchers and teachers.